Saturday 22 February 2014

I Didn't Realize

My coach has suddenly become very attuned to my eating habits. Or rather has recently started saying things to me about them. Before you judge...it's not what you think. She's concerned that I'm not eating enough. And she's concerned about my grades. I know to some people this may seem like common sense considering how often we are together... but that wasn't always the case for me. I didn't grow up in this gym. I grew up in one where you didn't eat during practice and the coaches didn't really care. So, needless to say, I was a little skeptical at first. Like why would she care? And is it genuine caring or just pretend?  Being me, I asked her. And she does actually care. As much as we have a love/hate relationship,  I couldn't imagine this year without her coaching me. Not only in the gym but in life. She has taught so much about myself. And I can't ever repay that. I honestly didn't realize that she actually cared until like last week and wasn't totally sure until today. She like gave me food. She never gives me food. I know she won't read this. Or probably won't. But either way, it feels really nice to have someone in my corner who pushes me harder than anyone else, in so many ways. I can do this. And I know that I have people to help me through. Thank you.

Take the time to notice the people around you and the support they want to give.

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment