Friday 5 December 2014

Midnight Adventures

Tonight I got a text asking if I was up for an adventure. At first I considered saying no. It's midnight and I have practice and life. But she's one of my best friends who I haven't seen in months. So, basically forever in our time. We used to see each other at least once a day. To say we had a lot to catch up on would be an understatement. So, I said yes. Of course I'm up for an adventure. And why not? It's a Friday night and I'm a college student. I couldn't be more happy with my decision. It was the first time in forever that I felt normal and alive and just there. It felt real. We covered everything from school to sex to why we might be Pinocchio. Don't question the last one. But the point is that going out of my comfort zone was so great. And I remembered why we were friends to begin with. I'm even stopping by her work tomorrow before practice to grab food from her. As I'm laying in bed and smiling, I can officially say that I am content. Life isn't perfect. But it has perfect moments. And tonight was one. To quote a book "and in that moment I swear we were infinite ". We could've driven for hours and not run out of things to say but sitting in silence has never bothered us either. She's a true friend. And I'll always treasure our little midnight adventure. 

Don't let comfort zones hold you back

Stay Strong
xo Aria

No comments:

Post a Comment