Friday 7 November 2014

Little Sisters Notice Everything

I have been very fortunate in the past year to gain more little sisters than I ever thought possible. Almost 20. Of course I am closer to some than others and those are typically the ones that have called me their big sister. It is probably one of the greatest honors that I have ever received. To know that I mean something to these girls that mean so much to me as well. One of the best parts of these relationships is the close friendships that come out of the sisterly ones. Three of my best friends are from the gym. And they have taught me so much more than I could ever imagine. Especially about what younger kids can pick up on. Today, I was texting one of them and said that I was "good" instead of what I normally say which is "fine". I didn't really think anything of it until she pointed it out and said she was glad that I was finally something better than just "fine". She also asked me what made today different and I wasn't totally sure what the answer was, until right now. It's better because I finally see that I am surrounded by amazing people. I have an amazing support system that if full of some people who don't even know that they are supporting more than just my gymnastics career. I have never felt more grateful for a group of girls. And I am so proud to call them my teammates and sisters.

Don't underestimate what people notice.

Stay Strong
xo Aria











No comments:

Post a Comment